Join the Passage to Portland for sail and motor cruisers. This event will provide a truly unique opportunity for participants to see the Olympic sailing venue prior to the Games and to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Participants on the passage will sail to Portland where they will berth at Dean and Reddyhoff Marina for a couple of nights.
Registration and welcome drinks will be on the Saturday evening. On Sunday night participants will hear all about the Olympic sailing team’s preparations for the Games from Stephen Park, RYA Olympic Manager. The evening will finish with a fantastic dinner and party to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Details of this event will be publicised once arrangements are finalised.
It would be fantastic if a group of people from HISC attended.
There are lots of fun things planned:
· Tour of the Academy on registration/measuring day at Sail for Gold Regatta
· Spectating (on boats) the first day of racing at the Skandia Sail for Gold Regatta
· Party in Portland Castle with Sparky giving a talk and an opportunity to meet some of the Team.
· Tom Cunliffe as compere at the party and celebrations for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
· And a few other surprises.
The cost for this is being finalised at the moment but it will be approximately £150 per person. This will include 2 dinners, 3 nights berthing at Dean and Reddyhoff Marina, spectating the event and more.
Registration will open at SIBS but if anyone is interested then they should email :- email@example.com to register their interest and they will be amongst the first to receive the registration pack.
Sail for Gold Coordinator